At Funky Concepts Limited we believe in minimising our impact on the environment, supporting local suppliers and giving something back to our local community.
Many organisations refer to this as ‘corporate social responsibility’ – we like to think of it as not taking things for granted and as giving something back.
We are always looking for ways of minimising our impact on the environment.
· We encourage the re-use of envelopes and packaging material.
· All of our office furniture is pre-owned.
· We recycle all paper, cardboard, printer cartridges, glass and metal. All green waste is composted.
· We use eco/biodegradable cleaning products
· All equipment is turned off rather than left on stand-by.
· We encourage staff to use public transport or car share wherever possible.
· We try to schedule meetings to make the best use of travel arrangements.
· We use local companies wherever possible.
· All our electronic equipment is EnergyStar compliant where available
All of our staff firmly believe in “giving something back” and are involved in local groups, either as individuals or as a company.
· We have staff members who voluntarily contribute their time to local charities.
· As a company we are involved in supporting local schools and colleges with business events and enterprise days.
· As a company we support a different charity each year. We offer the support of our business skills and links within other businesses to highlight the work of charity. We also attend and organise events during the year of our support.
· We supply local charities and offer them our services at a reduced cost. We are very aware of budget limitations and offer cost effective options on products.
· We co-sponsor various events throughout the year.
We love to work with local suppliers and are always willing to work with new companies if they are able to offer an area of expertise to enable us to fulfil our orders efficiently.
We regularly liaise with local companies and discuss ways in which we could successfully work together.