Product sample policy
We appreciate that it often helps to have a physical sample of a particular product before you decide to place an order and we are happy to supply samples.
We have a simple policy on samples which is:
- We always aim to send a sample that is identical to the item you will receive should you place an order. However, due to variations in stock and production processes, samples may differ slightly from the final product (this particularly applies to 'eco' and natural products). Whilst we try to keep these instances to a minimum, if it is critical that you receive an exact sample prior to ordering then you may prefer to order a pre-production sample (see below).
- Some samples are fully working examples of the product and others are dummies. In particular, samples of USB flash drives will be dummies.
- We will dispatch samples to you as quickly as possible. However, this can sometimes take several days as stock is held in different locations.
- All samples of 'high value' (this will be confirmed when we receive your request) must be returned, unused and undamaged, within 28 days. If, within 28 days, you place an order for the product then you do not need to return the sample.
- 'High Value' samples not returned within 28 days will be invoiced in line with our general terms and conditions. The minimum charge for a sample is £20.00 plus delivery plus VAT.
- Samples vary in their cost and availability. We may require a deposit for high value samples. If a deposit is required then we will contact you to explain this before dispatch.
- If you need multiple samples then we may contact you to obtain additional information and a deposit before dispatch.
- If you require a pre-production sample (that is, a physical sample of a product branded with your logo or artwork) then there will be a charge for this. You will be advised of the charge and the lead-time before we go-ahead with the sample.
- We can also supply a Visual 'Digital' Sample of any product and provide assistance with your artwork if needed. See our artwork advice and artwork charges pages for more information about this service. Most of our customers are happy with a digital reproduction of how their logo would look on a product.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our sample policy.